Join The Herd
Please also be aware that we require a cover letter to be submitted alongside your CV. This should be no more than one page and should explain why you are the best candidate for the role by highlighting your relevant skills and experience for the particular role you are summitting for. Any applications that do not contain a cover letter will not be considered.
Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Basic Salary: £50k (£75k OTE Year One)
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to join a multi award-winning business that is set to have a record year in 2022.
About Elephants Don’t Forget:
We are world leaders in the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to augment how employees learn, retain, and develop in role knowledge and competency. Our customers use our technology (which we call Clever Nelly) to improve business performance, reduce operational risk and improve and evidence employee compliance. We were 8 years young in March 2021 and currently trade in more than 40 countries, operate in 14 languages, and are proud to be working with some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and intelligent UK-based solutions sales professional to join our growing herd to sell our unique, award-winning and world leading Artificial Intelligence. Reporting to the UK Head of Sales, the ideal candidate will have a proven track record of sales success, selling business solutions to senior management/executives in large multi-national firms.
Please note: Candidates without a successful track record in mid-market/enterprise sales will not be considered.
The successful candidate will be equally comfortable picking up the phone to call a prospect as they are crafting a focussed, interesting, grammatically accurate and personal email. Attention to detail and strong record keeping are essential. Experience shows that our most successful salespeople are those who apply the most personal effort.
- This is not a “hero-sales” role, and the most successful candidates will become adept at shepherding resources from our side and client side to ensure the right people are in the room and EDF have the “best foot forward”.
- Winning quality, well-formed deals are the objective. Working alone and doing all the work isn’t going to achieve this. This is a collaborative and thoughtful role.
- Learn the EDF methods & markets and, during probation period, demonstrate mastery and knowledge of same.
- Book “Discovery” meetings with target stakeholders to gather insight into the problems and gain commitment to collaborate to bring a joint proposal to the decision makers.
- Keep perfect records in HubSpot to optimise automated processes and re-fuel marketing to generate even more leads.
- Work with specialist teams to ensure proposals become POs and POs translate to a perfect launch and handover to one of our dedicated Account Directors.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable track record of sales success to senior management in mid-market/enterprise firms.
- Inquisitive, focused and goal oriented.
- Excellent references.
- Full UK driving license.
- You must live in the UK now and you must be authorised to work here now.